Vivisol's commitment to environmental issues is
well documented, being ingrained in our philosophy, our code of
ethics and our quality management processes.
We recognize that our operations have an effect on the local,
regional and global environment, and as a consequence of this, are
committed to improvements in environmental performance and the
prevention of pollution wherever possible.
A study has been undertaken to quantify the implications and
impact of our everyday functions. This has resulted in the adoption
of certain practices, including but not limited to the
- Recycling paper and other office consumable materials. (e.g
toner and printer cartridges)
- Recycling of plastic bottles, cardboard containers, tins
- Recycling scrap or raw materials used in the servicing of our
- Using our WEEE certification to responsibly dispose of relevant
electrical and electronic items
- Actively encourage third parties in our locality to utilise the
- The controlled disposal of waste materials by the use of
designated sites and disposal services.
- Avoidance of superfluous use of materials in our day to day
- The use of reusable and/or recyclable packing materials.
- Use of electronic and digitalised data and reports to replace
- Reduction and/or elimination of emissions to atmosphere.
- Avoidance of the use of toxic materials.
- Avoidance of pollution of drains and waterways.
- The use of low pollution fuel in personal and transport
- The use of a call scheduling system to optimise fuel efficiency
and minimise "idling time" for vehicles in traffic queues
- Wherever possible, use environmentally safe and sustainable
energy sources to meet our needs.
- Investing in improved energy efficiency of products we use and
supply, whenever possible.
- Compliance with all environmental regulations, laws and codes
- working with our suppliers to ensure that they recognize and
reduce the environmental impact of their products and
transportation, where possible.
- Due consideration of the environmental impacts of the products
that we provide at all stages of their life cycle - from design, to
manufacturing, customer use, and finally disposal.
We employ an external agency to regularly audit our workplaces
to identify areas or functions whereby our energy losses, CO2
emissions and water wastage can be reduced.
Product / Process reviews
We constantly review our portfolio to identify products that
increase efficiency and reduce pollution in every respect. For
example our latest model of Oxygen concentrators consumes 10% less
electricity and has a lower noise level when in operation.
We are promoting new technologies to enable remote but secure
access to our systems to promote flexibility of working.
Video and teleconference facilities are being introduced to
reduce the need for travel
We are engaged in seeking options for our new premises which are
highly energy efficient and "eco-friendly"
We endeavor to make every effort to protect the environment on a
local, as well as a global level.
By maintaining awareness of environmental issues we are able to
implement new initiatives as required to protect not only the
physical world, but also the Health, safety and wellbeing of our